Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

A few of my favorite things...

...in my living room. We just moved into this house at the end of June, and these are a few things that make it my living room (we're renters).
The silhouettes. I still haven't done one for Max. You try getting a newborn to hold his head still for a picture like this. It's not easy.


My breakfast nook. I don't know why I call it that. We don't eat breakfast there. Heck, we don't even sit there. It just looks cool. (I'm sure you noticed that we haven't completely unpacked yet.)

Somebody gave us this chair, and it was hideous until I breathed on it and made it fabulous. I recovered the seat cushion with this psychadelic fabric from a shop call Fabricworm on etsy.com.

I got this "Moses" sculpture for James last Christmas. He really likes Michelangelo's "Moses", so I got it for him kind of as a joke. I think it turned out to be a neat little gift, though.

I found this clock at a little odds and ends store in Winona Lake, IN. It sort of brings back bad memories of my darker times living out there by myself, but that doesn't make it any less cute. Well, maybe a little.


I LOVE this amish-made rocking horse/high chair/children's desk. It was a gift for us from my in-laws at my first baby shower


Here's another one of my favorite things, although she wasn't in the living room. She saw me taking pictures and said, "Take a picture of me, Mommy, and I'll smile."

Thanks for looking at my stuff. I'm sure it was a great use of your time. Posting it sure was.


1 comment: